04 August 2010

Tale of chicken



When I was in college, there was not a single day when I didn't eat chicken. I not only loved it but I was addicted to it. Every time I had it, I cherished it. Shawarma, grilled chicken, Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani, butter chicken, all made me tick.

However, with time, my love for chicken depreciated. Last week, I had Hyderabadi biryani which was perfectly made. I could notice its perfect color, perfect aroma and perfect masala. But, when I had it, I had no feelings for it. Maybe, it was an infatuation. After few days, I had shawarma. Once upon a time, my feelings for shawarma were: "Shawarma is the best thing you could do with chicken". It was made in kubus which made it perfectly perfect. When I had it, it wasn't special at all. Then I had grilled chicken which I used to gobble one full plate alone! Even that failed to have any effect on me. I realized that I have got detached from chicken.

It all didn't happen suddenly. It was very gradual. Every day chicken affair became every week affair, then every month, and now... I don't care. It might be a small change but I am one step ahead of understanding myself. There are 2 kinds of people: One who get addicted and others who move on. I fall in the latter category. Yes, I kept a step further towards understanding myself.

Goodbye Chicken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment