18 November 2010

In the mirror I saw..


I stowed my head under the pillow and cried endlessly. The world around me never seemed alright to me. But after a long time, it was pinching me and the time was pestering me, "Ankur, when will you be free from the clutches of other people? When will you fly? When will your time come? When will you smile with joy? When will the word 'excitement' look small to you? When, Ankur when?"

I washed my eyes, stared at myself in the mirror and saw a slave, a slave of situations. I saw a man who has made 'patience' his best ally. I saw a man who has lost belief but has kept his faith intact. I saw a man whose heart pumps with the power of faith, only. I saw 'Ankur', a seedling that sprouts and clears its way through the layers of earth and becomes a tree. I saw potential but no power yet. I saw courage but no strength yet. I saw a wheel, that is being pushed to the top of the mountain, waiting to run. I saw helplessness with help all around. I saw 'wait' standing with his rare partner called 'Certainty'. I felt the words, 'No pain, no gain', so deeply that pain ceased, 'gain' lost its meaning.

In the mirror I saw...what I have become and what I can become if I leave what I have become.

P.S.: I don't know what happens to me after watching movies like 'Udaan', 'Taare Zameen Par', 'Shawshank Redemption', 'Papillon', books like 'Not without my daughter'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment