15 January 2011

Two half moons made a full moon


I have a friend who spoke to stars
Sitting alone, she found friends in stars
May be she guessed, where is Venus and where is Mars?
May be she was not bothered about Venus and Mars

Then there was I, who saw the stars
Climbed the roofs, away from lights and cars
I looked for Venus and Mars
Why is Venus red but 'Red planet' is Mars?

I feel, we saw the same star sometimes
She prayed and I pried
She cried and I tried
I saw, the star moved, the book lied

Pole star moved, I snapped tight
Sometimes towards her left,
Sometimes towards my right
But the nature cannot have lied

The star found a way
To keep this dilemma away
The girl and the boy must follow the light
Who look at the same star every night

Her heart was open, my mind was
It was a half moon which told a half story
The story of her side
The strength of her heart's tide

A couple of years passed
She kept her belief
I wonder if that could be a relief
The lotus of my heart was about to open

The half moon rose again
This time telling the story of my side
This time I had the ride
And she agreed to share my side

Two half moons, made a full moon
The time of love, from night till noon
The star shined upon us while we hugged tight
From noon till night

We don't look at the star now, same and old
But we remember it, everytime our story is told
The star made us rich, how can we forget
By giving us each other's heart of gold

4 comments:

stuti chandra said...

i didn't understand this ankur.i think this poem deals with very intimate emotions.make me understand this sometime.

Ankur Oberai said...

Stuti, it's abt me and my soulmate. When we met for d 1st time, it was a half moon. She felt for me on the same day. Then, it was half moon again when when I proposed her.

Also, she used to talk to stars when she was a kid. I, interested in astronomy, used to carry my binoculars to d roof at nyt and look at d stars, study constellations when I was 12 or 13 years old. This poem is all abt dis..

Ritika said...

dis is one of bestest loveliest poems u have evr wriiten....its soo sweet:')

stuti chandra said...

okay!got it now.good one!

Post a Comment