26 September 2009

My need...something new..


I was feeling horrible since morning. I was not even savoring good food (chole-puri and halwa on Ashtmi), nothing seemed good. I am not used to this hollow feeling. I went for a self-introspection and realized that I had not listened to good music since ages! I fumbled my CD bag, music collection in my hard disk. I was bored with all of it, didn't feel like listening to any of it. I needed something new.

I went to the music room in my house where my grandpa used to play all kinds of instruments. It was all dusty and humid. I looked at tabla, which I had played years back and don't even remember a bit about it. I looked at harmonium, on which I had learnt the basics of notes when I was in class 3...or was it class 2? I don't remember that too. Flutes were in a closet which I could never learn (my lungs are lazy). What about dholak? Nay, I always hear it in ladies sangeet. Then my eyes took me to guitar, all packed in black cover. I held it, for the first time in my life. I didn't know what to do with it, totally clueless. I sat on a chair, kept it on my laps and started slapping it the August Rush style. AND WOW! It was not bad. Kept on slapping it in different rhythms and tempos until I found a tune which atleast one would comprehend. I was excited! Called her up and made her listen to it which I think she found vociferous. But then, she always praises me.

I felt good after doing something new. I remember the times when everyday was new, I always did new things, learnt new things. I have got the zeal again to do the same with my days, "Everyday, something new".

I made it a promise to do something new
Always a new step when we dance, me and you
Oh my babe, all my life
You and me, looking sky
I made it a promise to see something new
Always a new star when I look up with you
Oh my honey, all my life
You and me, roaming by
I made it a promise to go somewhere new
Always a new road when I drive up with you
Oh my heart, all the time
You and me, sipping wine
I made it a promise to taste something new
Always a new bread when I eat up with you
Oh my light, oh my moon
You and me, listening tune
I made it a promise to hear something new
Always a new song when I listen to you
Oh my darling, oh my dove
You and me, making love
la la la la laaa.. la la la laaaa... ;)

2 comments:

garima said...

gr8..!! the poem is awesomely romantic.. :)

Dreamer said...

it is d desire of doing sum thing new that makes your personality so different and unique becoz people are very often so left in their own monotonous routines....and dey never get out of it..

the poem adds charm 2 d post :)
keep writing!!!

Post a Comment