08 September 2009

Without pyjamas...



How does it feel when you get your favorite dish to eat after a long hunger pang? I felt this thrice yesterday! Imagine long rush hours of government office formalities, ambulating here and there, hunger pangs and then? Then you eat your favorite food! Wow! I got this feeling thrice in a day.

What was still to come? I had more work in the office (dad's office). Cargo had to be unloaded. Inspection, counting, and guess what? Labor was short in numbers, so? So I had to do the physical work! I just wanted to finish the work A.S.A.P., I said A.S.A.P., because it was already 2 a.m., yeah I said 2 a.m. Finally everything was wrapped at 3 a.m., I won't say again that it was 3 a.m. I was sweaty, dirty, stinky and seemed like the worst possible guy a girl would like to have sex with. To add to the pudding, my face was dark with dirt. For extra toppings, I hadn't applied deodorant in the morning. But...BUT... (of course my butt was paining but...) but to go back home, I had my bike (Yamaha FZ16, awesome bike). The roads were without a hint of traffic, clean, straight, smooth, shining with yellow road lamps, traffic signals blinking and my passion for speed. Air was cool. I, cruising at 100kph, drying up my sweat, cool wind hitting my face and my bare arms, it felt like a dream.

Now what? In the middle of nowhere, I saw an old man with white beard and white hair, white kurta (no, he wasn't wearing his pyjamas), standing on the road side. Unheeded by my speed, he attempted to cross the road (suddenly!). I managed to save both of us (or probably just myself) by passing from his side. Man! Why the hell he crossed the road like that? Did he forget his pyjamas on the other side of the road?

Or was he the face of death, trying to remind me that death can come anytime, so live as if you were to die tomorrow. Or was he the reminder of the accident that I saw in the morning where the biker was hit by a speeding bus on the ring road, and I could see his brains lying on the road? Shouting at my face that life can leave your hand anytime, so stop holding onto someone else's life and start living your own life.

2 comments:

Dreamer said...

beautiful pik...

hilarious post but yes,leaves u thinking abt the questions posted in d end... :)

welcome back...to d world of blogging :)

garima said...

AWESOME..!!
The incident is a very simple one..but the message and the way it has been linked to the incident is very very nice..everytime i read your post,i think what could be better than this,and then you write a post even better than the previous one. jus keep writing..Its AWESOME..!! :)

Post a Comment