28 April 2009

I don't believe you

How does the word ‘unbelievable’ sounds like? It’s unbelievable, isn’t it? Does it sound to you as if something great has been done, so great that you can’t believe it?

Well, I have a different story. Whenever I share my experience (am I sounding like an old bearded man?) with anyone, they say “I don’t believe you.” Does that make me unbelievable? The tone of their voice makes me feel alienated from the real world. I feel like saying to them, “don’t such things happen to you too?” But I refrain from asking such a question because a ‘no’ can make me feel all the more like an alien. The real threat to a harmless alien is when humans call him ‘fake’. “Oh you are just a human, masking like an alien trying to befool us or scare us. But we are not fools, we won’t let you go to your own planet, we’ll keep you among us and unmask you in the public.” They frustrate the poor alien by trying to unmask it when there is no mask existing. Then he decides to pretend like a human and ahoy! He’s welcomed! He can still see the extra-ordinary in the ordinary, but he pretends of not having a vision. He can still see the ordinary in the extra-ordinary, but he pretends having a sight.

One day, he gets tired of pretending and the day he gets honest with his identity, with his true self, he’s an alien, a fake again. He’s unbelievable again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment