10 May 2009

Present perfect

I saw a dream...

I was standing on the bridge over a small stream which flowed amidst flowers and herbs. The water was white like milk. I could feel the freshness in the water without even tasting it. I could feel the ambience touching my skin. I was gazing at the full moon. The flaws on its surface looked perfect. The moonlight was penetrating through my body into my soul. It was filling my heart with feelings. A desire ran through my spine and I shook. Instantly the desire seemed to begin getting fulfilled on its own. Her hand touched my hand. I didn’t look towards her but I wanted to hold her hand. The moment had its own glory and I had enough courage to hold her hand without even looking at her. I don’t know if I needed her or desired her. The words had lost its meanings. All I cared was that moment, the moment of wonder. I held her hand. To my utter surprise, she resisted. She turned against me and walked. I called her from behind. But she said, “I’ll come to you if you promise to stay with me in the future. I’ll hold your hand if you promise to hold mine forever.” And I was standing there awestruck.
I woke up and thought, “If you cannot give me the present moment which you have right now, how can I give you my future which I don’t even have yet.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment